Let’s Encrypt is the phenomenal, automated, free SSL Certificate Authority that is quickly making HTTPS a no-brainer for even the smallest sites.
In this talk, we quickly run through the basics, and then explore Let’s Encrypt beyond the usual tutorials. We’ll cover:
• Technical details of the authentication and issuance;
• Gotchas learned while securing over 100 hosts;
• Alternative, PHP based clients;
• Deploying in complex environments;
• Alternative free CAs;
• Cases where you might still pay money for certificates;
We’ll save some time for questions and discussion, but are sure to continue talking about encryption, privacy, censorship and related subjects after the meeting – so be sure to join us!